Programs & Innovation Lead
Cape Town, South Africa
Are you interested in a dynamic team of changemakers - making impact entrepreneurship possible for ALL? ORIBI is an impact incubator that cultivates social and environmental innovation in South Africa through the promotion and support of impact entrepreneurship while creating enabling inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems. Since its creation in Cape Town in 2018, the incubator has supported more than 75 projects on themes related to food innovation, food security, tourism, logistics or waste management. Thanks to technical assistance from Value for Women (2021), ORIBI has an added focus on women's entrepreneurship. To date, we have trained 130+ teenage girls living in township places.
We aim to enable inclusive growth by enabling a disruptive and tangible trust system that bridges formal and informal markets through impact entrepreneurship as the next great frontier toward an African economic revolution.
We design and implement entrepreneurial skills development models, networking and access to inclusive financing support.
ORIBI is part of the PULSE GROUPE SOS network of incubators. PULSE is an international association established in 2006 whose mission is to support and promote entrepreneurship as a lever for inclusive and sustainable development. PULSE believes that we can become a change-maker if given the opportunity.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A passionate, creative and autonomous Programs and Innovation Lead responsible for designing programmatic strategy and growth, the planning, execution, and delivery of ORIBI’s core activities: #Foodsystem Incubation Program and the #GirlsinBusiness, as well as launching and implementing special and/or new initiatives. The Programs and Innovation Lead will coordinate with program teams and stakeholders, overseeing our programmes, innovation, and M&E initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, a keen eye for innovation, and the ability to lead and manage a team to deliver high-quality results. Ultimately this person ensures that programs and initiatives are completed on time, within scope, and within budget. You are willing to join a dynamic and international team to ensure the implementation and development of entrepreneurial support programmes to make impact entrepreneurship accessible to ALL.
WHAT ARE THE JOB’S MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
Programmes Strategy and Management (50%)
● Develop and manage roll-out of REACH Project activities (2023-2026), in partnership with PULSE GROUPE SOS
● in partnership Support design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programmes through the lens of inclusive innovation and empowerment M&E
● Collaborate with program teams to develop program strategies budgets, timelines, and work plans, ensuring timely delivery of outputs and outcomes
● Provide technical guidance and support to program teams and partners in the areas of inclusive methodologies, service design, innovation
● Identify and manage program risks and opportunities, ensuring that outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner
● Foster collaboration and teamwork among programs and support team, and partners ensuring effective communication and coordination
● Develop and engage meaningfully a sectorial database for the incubation program:
o Strengthen diverse experts, mentors & partnership database of Oribi o Identify access to markets for incubated enterprises
● From time-to-time contribute to day-to-day program operations
● Monitor and report on program expenses
Monitoring and Learning (25%)
● Refine Participatory and Empowerment M&E processes, systems and tools, and developing results frameworks
● Provide training and technical support to program teams to adapt and adopt M&E processes consistently
● Ensure compliance with program requirements, policies, and procedures, including funders and stakeholder reporting and monitoring
● Oversee preparation and presentation of regular progress reports and updates to ORIBI CEO, program stakeholders, including funders, partners
● Develop and maintain relationships with partners specializing in key topics (not exhaustive): inclusive innovation, food system innovation, impact entrepreneurship, social economy, digitization, women empowerment and SDGs
● Collaborate with knowledge partners to ensure quality delivery of programs that are accessible, relevant and impactful
● Identify new opportunities for partnerships and collaborations
● Coordinate knowledge exchange, ecosystem and advocacy events and workshops to showcase, connect and create linkages with ORIBI’s network and programs
● Link with Pulse HQ Innovation Department: for example participate in #Pulsesessions
Team development (10%)
● Maintain program, project documentation and records
● Develop program teams' skills through peer coaching and training
● Develop a digital community engagement strategy with the incubation team
WHAT ARE THE COMPETENCIES EXPECTED?
● Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. development studies, inclusive innovation, business administration, M&E or related field) desirable
● And/or a Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, with a strong background in programmes, innovation, and M&E
● Proven track record of successful project implementation and delivery, including experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders nationally
● Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
● Experience in budget management, risk management, and compliance
● Experience in working with funders and partners, including development agencies, private foundations, non-governmental organisations, and private sector actors
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and creatively
● Commitment to collaboration, innovation and a culture of care within the team, and working within a non-hierarchical environment
TERMS AND CONDITIONS The Programs and Innovation Lead will work in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, creativity, and adaptability. They will work closely with a team of program leads, incubation officers, and ORIBI’s partners. The role may require occasional travel to program sites and community events.
Remote work/hybrid available (min 3 days physical in Cape Town) Contract: 12-month contract minimum // Full-time
Salary package: R30 000 – 35,000/ Month (Depending on experience) 24 days of annual leave (including business close in December)
Start date: April 2023
To apply, please fill in the application form (prepare a motivational paragraph) https://airtable.com/shrUv0bE71ewyKLHZ Closing Date 15 April 2023