WHO IS ORIBI?
Oribi is a South African non-profit, impact incubator. We focus on supporting enterprises with social or environmental impact. Since its creation in Cape Town in 2018, the incubator has supported more than 75 projects on themes related to food innovation, food security, tourism and sustainable development goals. We oversee the crossover between formal and informal markets as the next great frontier toward an African economic revolution. Our goal is to connect business opportunities between all actors of the ecosystem around values of inclusion, social and environmental impact. Oribi is part of the international network of incubators PULSE within GROUPE SOS, present on all continents and strong from more than 35 years of experience in the implementation of activities with a high social impact and economic sustainability.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A passionate, creative and autonomous Finance and Admin Lead to optimize the day-to-day operations enabling Oribi to fully support day-to-day activities while driving continuous improvement of organizational gaps and inefficiencies, cost-effectiveness, together with Oribi CEO. You will be responsible for setting up and driving an efficient finance department. You are willing to join a dynamic and international team to ensure financial management and organisational sustainability by gathering business intelligence, creating operational systems and processes thereof. The ideal candidate will have experience in a business management role, with a special focus on sound financial sustainability, executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
WHAT ARE THE JOB'S MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day financial management and administration:
● Budgetary management of Oribi (with the support of Oribi CEO and PULSE HQ) which can globally imply:
- Preparation and pre-validation of all the budgets of projects submitted for ORIBI development in accordance with PULSE's internal procedures;
- Participating in the preparation of the annual budget of Oribi and its revisions;
- Participation in the preparation of the budget(s) for each project, and their monitoring, in particular by setting up analytical plans;
- Production of financial reports for the different projects and for Oribi.
● Financial management of Oribi (with the support of Oribi CEO and PULSE HQ):
- Accounting management (in coordination with Ruan);
- Coordination of monthly reporting of accounting and financial information in close collaboration with the Oribi CEO & PULSE HQ;
- Compile source documents, track on a monthly basis and upload to Xero.
- Analysis of discrepancies and proposal of corrective actions;
- Update of each Budget Follow-up with real expenses of previous month.
- Update of each Budget Follow-up with forecasted expenses, in link with the teams and PULSE HQ.
● Cash management.
- Ensure the respect of the cash management policy of the organization.
Day-to-day compliance and admin processes:
● Planning, forging partnerships, negotiating contracts with partners, suppliers and clients to secure new business opportunities or terminate existing relationships.
● Administering the internal purchases and procurement processes, including verification and validation of source documents.
● Ensuring administrative and financial relations with operational partners according to Oribi procurement procedures and compliance to financial recordkeeping of partners (when necessary).
● Ensuring compliance to South African laws and admin documents are kept up to date.
● Develop meaningful relationships with ecosystem stakeholders to pull in business.
● Work in coordination with Oribi CEO, in setting up a grants program management system, as well as tracking follow up data on a month-to-month basis.
● In partnership with Oribi CEO, perform analysis of the entrepreneurial support ecosystem and SA social economy, Identify key opportunities to extend Oribi work to external. ecosystem, and new business models for income generating opportunities (alumni offering, impact funding, research reports, conferences, roundtables, webinars, events, etc.)
● Co-lead and partner on special projects for areas which the CEO personally oversees.
● Ensure and supervise Communications team outputs on a weekly basis.
● Ensure quality delivery of Oribi events.
● Act as sounding board to CEO and Pulse HQ on matters of strategy, team efficiency, and operations.
● Support key decision making with business case development.
● Plan team meetings (keep track of new actions and tasks in project tracker), and support coordination of employee engagement activities.
WHAT ARE THE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED?
● Background in incubation / consulting / entrepreneurship and business science/accounting degree.
● Proven work experience of at least two years as a business operator, leading strategic initiatives or similar role – performance report, recommendation, traction proof on experience will be highly considered.
● Good at creating and implementing efficient processes and tools to manage the multi-layers of Oribi activities, in a changing environment with limited supervision.
● Good at prioritizing, organizing and managing deliverables and outputs on digital platforms such as Airtable, in order to ensure that Oribi activities are implemented with rigour.
● Effective interpersonal skills and strong executive presentation development and delivery skills.
● Effectively identifies and analyses problems; gathers, interprets, and evaluates information to determine its accuracy and relevance; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and recommend a solution.
● Good networking and knowledge of the social entrepreneurship and SA enterprise development landscape, or Food system innovation to build an active Oribi ecosystem.
● Gives timely and constructive feedback, and helpful suggestions to improve Oribi’s methodology, and positioning in the social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
● Intimately invested in social entrepreneurship ecosystem, social innovation, and sustainable development.
● Trustworthy with high integrity, and the ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
● Highly organized.
● Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
● Analytical, strategic, and structured thinker with entrepreneurial drive.
● Ability to work well with diverse, cross functional teams.
● Excellent English verbal communication and writing skills.
● Deep connection and understanding of inclusive economies; and the South African context (particularly township and rural places).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Remote work / hybrid available (min 2 days physical in Cape Town)
Salary package: R25 000 – 28,000/ Month (Depending on experience)
24 days of annual leave (including business close in December)
Start date: August 2023
Please apply on this link: https://airtable.com/shrmvz0n7TSv4lmEe