WHO IS ORIBI?
Oribi is a social impact incubator cultivating social innovation and impact entrepreneurship in South Africa through entrepreneurial skills development, financing and networking opportunities. Our mission is to enable the creation of a financially thriving, and inclusive Social and Solidarity Economy for a better society in South Africa. We aim to enable inclusive growth by enabling a disruptive and tangible trust system that bridges formal and informal markets. At the heart of Oribi’s reason for existence is that we believe that change should come from within, with and/or for marginalized people and places.
Established in the heart of Cape Town in 2018, the incubator has supported more than 75 projects on themes related to sustainable tourism and food security, including those in Gauteng, KZN, Eastern Cape and Limpopo. Thanks to technical assistance from Value for Women (2021), Oribi has an added focus on women's entrepreneurship. To date, we have trained 130+ teenage girls living in township places.
Oribi is one of the PULSE GROUPE SOS incubators. PULSE is an international association established in 2006 whose mission is to support and promote entrepreneurship as a lever for inclusive and sustainable development. PULSE believes that we can become change-makers if given the opportunity.
ABOUT THE POSITION?
The Comms Officer will directly report to the Oribi CEO, they will drive engagement and growth across all social media platforms while managing the organisation's communications plan with the goal to strengthen the organisation’s positioning in the local NGO and entrepreneurial support sector and create strong bonds within Oribi’s community of entrepreneurs, experts, partners and funders. The ideal candidate will be a talented storyteller, who thrives on hosting and maintaining relationships, and who is a great marketer as well as a content creator.
The Comms Officer is a critical member of the Oribi team and responsible for co-developing, then co-planning, overseeing and executing of a communications and advocacy strategy across website, email marketing, social media platforms and networking events.
The Comms Officer will play a key role in growing Oribi’s digital audiences through an iterative, data-driven test-and-learn approach. They will also be assisting our team with relationship management. This includes building, growing and maintaining all relationships we have with our partners, funders and supporters, and finding meaningful ways to connect online and through physical events. Overall, they must be adaptable, creative, good at self-management, thrive in complex environments – due to the nature of our small, flat-structured organisation – and be able to turn their hand to a range of tasks and projects as required.
WHAT ARE THE JOB'S MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital marketing management (45%):
· Develop, build, execute, and analyze data-driven social media paid ad campaigns to achieve KPIs and ultimately grow sales and brand awareness for Oribi where needed
· Overseeing the website – managing website structure, content, SEO, analytics, troubleshooting and strategy
· Plan, create and edit social media written, video and/or photo content and drive meaningful engagement
· Write engaging and exciting copy for any marketing related initiatives such as paid social ads, organic social media posts or email campaigns
· Manage Oribi’s brand and ensure we have a consistent look and tone of voice across all material
Relationship and Engagement (20%)
· Collaborate with other departments to maintain a consistent brand voice and messaging
· Collaborate with the rest of the team to plan and strategize around press and media releases
· Provide communication support to events ideation, promotion and coordination
· Share Oribi's results and thought leadership with funders, partners, media and relevant stakeholders
· Provide communication skills support to Oribi entrepreneurs (from time-to-time)
Strategy and Research (35%)
· Plan, create and implement a brand-relevant and actionable communications and advocacy plan
· Ownership of measuring, compiling report on results of marketing efforts assessing results against relevant KPIs/goals
· Ownership of new strategies and tactics to improve communications on a quarterly basis
· Ownership of quarterly presentation recaps to leadership or other teams as requested to demonstrate what has worked or not worked while consistently focusing on adjusting and improving processes and results depending on the latest digital marketing trends and directions Oribi is taking
· Ownership of online advertising budget and additional content creation or any other marketing-related budgets as required
WHAT ARE THE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED?
Your excellent communication and intermediate media skills are linked to a minimum of 3 years' experience in a communications-related position such as media, public relations or marketing.
• Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in communications
• A digital marketer with the ability to work with our team to develop relevant communications initiatives
• Good knowledge of marketing acumen, digital marketing and social media best practices
• Seeks to stay abreast of digital marketing activities of other organizations and develop actionable insights
• Effective time management, good organizational skills, a creative yet analytical mind
• Well-versed in using systems such as WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Photoshop, Abode Premiere and Google Analytics or equivalent platforms and tools
• Basic graphic design skills (Minimum advanced Canva skills for social media)
• Strong ability to assess priorities and multi-task
• Basic photography and videography content creation and editing skills. Advanced content creation skills will be advantageous.
• A keen interest to develop internal processes and procedures
• Ability to quickly learn content management systems and the knowledge and motivation to continuously improve them
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Analytically and data-driven with a keen creative sensibility
• An innate desire to seek out, understand and evaluate emerging technologies and then provide perspective for adoption where appropriate. As well as agile and flexible to adapt to situations and tools as needed
• Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Self-starter who can work as well independently as in a team, practicing responsible ownership of their objectives
• strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, coachability and a willingness to participate in a high-feedback environment
• Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
I AM INTERESTED, WHAT'S NEXT?
The Communications Officer will work in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, creativity, and adaptability. They will work closely with the programs team, CEO, Finance and Admin Lead and Oribi’s partners. The role may require occasional travel to program sites and community events.
Hybrid work available (min 3 days in the office)
Contract: 12-month contract minimum // Full-time
Salary package: R20,000 – 25,000/ Month (Depending on experience) 24 days of annual leave (including business close in December)
Start date: July 2023
Please apply on this link: https://airtable.com/shrq1VvSVivahTR3J before the 15th of June, prepare a motivational paragraph or video together with a portfolio of relevant projects/campaigns on which you have worked.